Fellowship in Cardiac Rhythm Management – Wellington Regional Hospital, New Zealand
Contact: Sean Hill, SMO Recruitment Advisor on +64 4 806 2552 or email@example.com
Application: Currently advertised and open for application, closing date 18th February 2016
Location: Wellington Regional Hospital, Wellington, New Zealand
Run Period: 12 Months Fixed Term
Run Recognition: Post FRACP Fellowship training
Responsible to: Clinical Leader, Cardiology
Capital and Coast District Health Board (CCDHB) is seeking an Electrophysiology Fellow for an exciting role with the Cardiology Department of Wellington Hospital, a major teaching institution providing specialised tertiary level care to the central North Island comprising a population of 1 million people.
The Fellow will work closely with two Consultant Electrophysiologists and two further Consultant Device Specialists, and gain training in all aspects of radio-frequency ablation and device implantation. The hospital has state of the art facilities including a dedicated Electrophysiology procedure suite, cardiac catheterisation laboratories, a day procedure ward and a combined cardiac speciality ward incorporating CCU and Cardiothoracic high dependency units.
Highlights of the CRM fellow role include:
- Implantation and follow up of patients with pacemakers, ICDs, and CRT.
- Electrophysiology studies and radio-frequency ablations for SVT, atrial fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia and complex arrhythmia cases.
- Inpatient arrhythmia consultations and management.
- Research opportunities collaborating with a nationally recognised cardiovascular research team. Prior CRM fellows have successfully presented abstracts international meetings and have published in peer review journals.
- Teaching opportunities with the University of Otago School of Medicine.
- Reasonable general cardiology on-call requirement within the cardiology registrar roster.
- Weekly clinics dedicated to arrhythmia and cardiac rhythm management patients.
- FRACP or equivalent college fellowship qualification (e.g. MRCP).
- Senior registrar experience
- Registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
The Electrophysiology fellow is an integral part of the electrophysiology and cardiac rhythm management service. You will interact with a group of highly motivated individuals in a friendly working environment. Wellington is a culturally diverse and vibrant city with plenty of recreational, cultural, gastronomic and outdoor activities available all year round. Our Human resources department will guide you through the necessary paperwork for medical registration and immigration.
Applications Close 18th February 2016.
For more information please contact Sean Hill, SMO Recruitment Advisor on +64 4 806 2552 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: Go to www.capitalhealthcareers.org.nz to express your interest in this role by completing an online CCDHB application form.